The New Zealand Chapter of Bodhi Shrawan Dharma Sangha is lovingly offered through the Maitri Foundation, a registered charity dedicated to sharing the Bodhi Marga Darshan Maitri Dharma in New Zealand, with the blessings of Maha Sambodhi Dharma Sangha Guru.
As a registered charity, the purpose of the Maitri Foundation is to share and inspire an understanding of the Bodhi Marga Darshan Maitri Dharma by:
- Sharing the Bodhi Marga Darshan Maitri Dharma freely and with love including prayers, mantras, teachings and other materials as required.
- Establishing and managing the affairs of the New Zealand chapter of Bodhi Shrawan Dharma Sangha.
- Establishing and maintaining a Maitri Centre in New Zealand.
- Leading and/or supporting a variety of Bodhi Marga Darshan Maitri Dharma projects in New Zealand.
- Maintaining a loving and supportive relationship with Maha Sambodhi Dharma Sangha Guru and with other Bodhi Shrawan Dharma Sangha chapters & organisations as they continue to develop around the world.
- Sharing a variety of Maitri inspired concepts, ideas and offerings that help to promote a Maitri way of life.
We are truly humbled, delighted and honoured to share the Maitri Dharma here in New Zealand and we bow down to the infinite grace, love and light of the Maitri Dharma Guru – Maha Sambodhi Dharma Sangha. May the New Zealand Chapter of Bodhi Shrawan Dharma Sangha evolve beautifully, lovingly and peacefully and may this help all beings to be liberated from the continuous cycle of rebirth and suffering.
The Maitri Precepts
The 11 Maitri Precepts (The 11 Principles Of Loving Kindness) can help to inspire a more loving, peaceful and happy world. May we all live in alignment with these precepts, as best we can, and may this ongoing practice help to guide all beings towards freedom and liberation.
1. Never discriminate on the basis of name, appearance, complexion, class, belief, community, power, position, or qualification; even discard differentiating between the concepts of material and spiritual.
2. Being acquainted with the Eternal Dharma, the Path, and the Guru, respect all religions and beliefs.
3. Forsake lying, allegations, counter-allegations, belittling and spreading falsehood through baseless gossip.
4. Forsaking philosophies or ways that make boundaries of divisiveness and difference of opinion, take up the Satya Marga (the Perfect Path).
5. Following the Satya Guru-Marga (the True and Perfect GuruPath) throughout life, renouncing evil actions, always remain intent in union with the Guru Tattva – The Guru Essence.
6. Not having reached enlightenment oneself, do not seek to prove what it is with clever words; and while still in confusion, do not make others confused.
7. Renouncing such craven behavior as killing sentient beings and violence, consume wholesome food.
8. Do not keep narrow-minded thoughts about people and countries on the basis of national identity.
9. Including oneself in the pursuit of the Satya Guru-Marga, (the True and Perfect Guru-Path) perform actions that benefit the Earth.
10. When one realises the Truth, the Guru-Marga (the Guru-Path) takes form, so achieve Enlightenment for all sentient beings.
11. Staying in the highest and deepest state of Chitta (Pure Awareness) be free from all bondage by having assimilated within the self these precepts.